High Country Roto-Rooter Breckenridge’s CCTV Video Pipe Inspections: The fastest way to a great outcome
How Remote Controlled CCTV service makes solving your clogged pipe problem quick, easy and cost-effective
In years gone by a blocked drain would be a mystery until it was dug up and fixed. You couldn’t know in advance what was causing the blockage – you wouldn’t have much of an idea where the blockage even was.
So fixing blocked pipes and sewers was a very hit-and-miss affair. Ground would be dug up, pipe inspected… if you’d guessed right and you had dug where the blockage was then you could just fix the pipe and replace the dug up ground. If you hadn’t guessed right then you’d have to dig the pipe up somewhere else.
And while all this was going on, you would quite probably have to turn your water off because there would be nowhere for the wastewater to run.
Need we point out that this is messy, time consuming, inconvenient – and very expensive?
Well, no more. If you’ve got pipe or sewer problems and you call High Country Roto-Rooter Breckenridge, Colorado we don’t have to do that kind of thing. Our small and compact CCTV cameras can get into pipes and sewers of any size. And when they do they tell us exactly what we want to know about what’s going on down there.
And there can indeed be a lot going on down there.
Wastewater from washing machines, kitchen sinks, toilets, showers and so on is channeled into the same drain. From there – ideally – this wastewater should travel smoothly away from your premises, into the city sewers and on to your local water treatment centre.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work out that way. Pipes suffer wear, can shift as ground conditions alter, are subjected to inappropriate waste (oils, fats, sanitary products and so on) plus damage from tree roots. There’s quite lot that go wrong with pipes and sewers.
We’ve been dealing with these problems throughout Summit, Eagle, Clear Creek, Park and Lake Counties for over 30 years and one thing we know is this: invariably those issues lead to pretty much the same messy problems:
- a blockage that causes foul water to back up into your home
- a leak out of the pipe that then erodes the surrounding ground – either causing the pipe to collapse or your home or building to subside
Leaking pipes are a serious business. Thankfully, our CCTV inspections are a serious remedy.
What is a CCTV Video Camera Pipe Inspection?
Put simply, it is an inspection of your underground wastewater pipes and sewer lines, carried out by small, technically advanced CCTV cameras. The cameras have full range of sight and a light supply to make even the darkest recesses of your pipes as bright as day. The inspection uncovers existing problems – but it can also spot potential problems that you might like to address early.
Why would I need a CCTV inspection?
There’s five very good reasons why you might order a CCTV inspection:
1. The obvious one: you’ve noticed the signs of blocked drains or pipes – backed up or slow-draining water or unpleasant smells will be common clues – or your building is showing signs of subsidence and you suspect that the problem lies inside your pipes or sewers. Our CCTV service will confirm one way or another.
2. You’re buying a new property and you realise that if there are problems underground, well, you’ve just purchased those problems too. And they could result in extensive damage, massive inconvenience and a hefty bill to put right. You reassure yourself with a CCTV inspection.
3. You’re selling a property and you’d like to find out – and put right – any problems underground before your buyer even knows they’re there. Nothing kills off a property sale quicker than your now ex-buyer finding out your property is sitting on ground that’s being washed away by leaking water. So save your sale with a High Country Roto-Rooter Breckenridge CCTV inspection.
4. You’re cost and safety conscious so have pipes and sewers inspected every year or eighteen months so that you can catch problems while they’re still minor – and haven’t yet done their worst. Our CCTV inspection provides a strong preventative advantage here.
5. You need to map out all the drains on your property so you know which ones are your responsibility and which ones belong to your neighbour or the local utility provider – our CCTV inspection will do this for you.
Our inspections and surveys are useful if you’re in discussion – or dispute – with neighbours over who is responsible for an ongoing blockage problem.
It’s not unreasonable that most of never think of underwater pipes until they go wrong. But lots can go wrong and when something does then it can be the start of a long, drawn-out problem.
What kind of problems does a CCTV inspection uncover?
When we insert our CCTV cameras into pipes and sewer lines here’s the kind of problems we commonly observe:
Tree roots that have worked their way through cracks and are now blocking the pipe
Displaced joints where pipe segments have separated from one another
Build up of waste debris – particularly grease, fat, sanitary products
Poor pipe gradient that impedes water progress away from your building
Displaced joints, cracks, fractures, broken sections, poor installation
Many of these problems start small and then get worse over time – some quickly, some slowly. Whichever it is the key is always to know about the problem early on so that the repair in minor, quick – and inexpensive.
What are the advantages of a CCTV inspection?
CCTV inspections offer you many, many advantages:
- Camera images are so clear we can see exactly what’s going on in your pipes or sewer lines
- Doesn’t damage the pipes that it’s inspecting
- No damage to ground – does not require digging up
- Provides full sight of the pipe’s condition
- Removes guesswork and trial-and-error from a repair
- Offers certainty about what – if any – repairs are needed
- Reassures that all is fine – or gives accurate information about required repair work
- No above ground mess or inconvenience
- Very quick compared to traditional dig-it-up methods
- Works equally well in pipes running under your building as for pipes under your grounds
What can our CCTV cameras do?
High Country Roto-Rooter’s CCTV cameras have some impressive capabilities:
- They can survey more than 200 yards of pipeline from a single access point
- Their pan and tilt facility means they can inspect every inch of pipe in minute detail
- They’re remote-controlled so technicians don’t have to get into pipes themselves
- We have float designs for large diameter culverts with high water levels
- Enable us to survey and trace buried pipelines from above ground
- Cameras help us find buried manhole chambers
How does High Country Roto-Rooter’s CCTV service work?
High Country Roto-Rooter Breckenridge uses different cameras depending on the pipe in question. Whether the camera is fed into the pipe by hand or mounted on a remote-controlled tractor unit the aims are the same. The camera travels into the pipe while our technician scours every inch of the pipe’s inner surface searching for the cause of the reported problem.
The cameras on the device have 360 degrees sight – so if something is there, we’ll find it, picture it and document it.
Our technician will be able to tell you what’s going on in your pipes there and then. A full report will be made of our findings – and you will receive a DVD copy of the camera’s journey through the pipes for future reference.
When it’s all going wrong we can put it right. Our family-owned and run firm has been serving Breckenridge, Frisco, Silverthorne, Dillon, Eagle, Vail, Avon, Eagle-Vail, Edwards, Gypsum and surrounding areas for more than three decades and we can certainly put things right for you. Need advice? Not sure what’s going on with your drains, septic or sewers? Call us – we’ll be pleased to help.